Browse our resources to aquire an overview or a thorough knowledge of the capabilities of the AquaSim package. Find validation reports, papers and case studies by using the links below.
The purpose of validating the software is to ensure the reliability of the calculations and results. AquaSim undergoes a validation program prior to release of new versions. The validation reports present theoretical background and accuracy of the software provided by Aquastructures.
- Verification and benchmarking of AquaSim
- The AquaSim package theory user manual
- On the analysis of moored large mass floating objects and how to carry out such analysis in AquaSim
- Sloshing in closed tanks
- Loads on impermeable nets and large volume objects in AquaSim
- Simulation of large volume floaters
- Shock loads from masses connetcted to ropes in AquaSim
AquaSim has been verified through a number of analytic studies, model- and full-scale tests. The papers are a result of research projects applying the AquaSim package, and the aim is sharing of experiences gained through the various projects.
- Offshore structures for aquaculture (OMAE2018)
- Experience from introduction of the design code NS 9415 (OMAE2017)
- Numerical formulation of sea loads to impermeable nets (MARINE2015)
- Model testing of fish farms for validation of analysis programs (OMAE2014)
- Loads from currents and waves on net structures (OMAE2012)
- Use of hydroelastic analysis for verification of towed equipment for acquisition of seismic data (OMAE2008)
- Development and design verification of a floating tidal power unit (OMAE2007)
- Enhancement of design criteria for fish farm facilities including operations (OMAE2005)
- Response from current and regular/ irregular waves on a typical polyethylene fish farm (IMAM2005)
- Design rules for marine fish farms in Norway (OMAE2004)