Browse our resources to aquire an overview or a thorough knowledge of the capabilities of the AquaSim package. Find validation reports, papers and case studies by using the links below.
- AquaEdit user manual
- AquaView user manual
- AquaTool user manual
- Other Tools in the AquaSim package
- AquaSim package theory user manual
The purpose of validating the software is to ensure the reliability of the calculations and results. AquaSim undergoes a validation program prior to release of new versions. The validation reports present theoretical background and accuracy of the software provided by Aquastructures.
- Verification and benchmarking of AquaSim
- On the analysis of moored large mass floating objects and how to carry out such analysis in AquaSim
- Sloshing in closed tanks
- Loads on impermeable nets and large volume objects in AquaSim
- Simulation of large volume floaters
- Shock loads from masses connetcted to ropes in AquaSim
AquaSim has been verified through a number of analytic studies, model- and full-scale tests. The papers are a result of research projects applying the AquaSim package, and the aim is sharing of experiences gained through the various projects.
- Offshore structures for aquaculture (OMAE2018)
- Experience from introduction of the design code NS 9415 (OMAE2017)
- Numerical formulation of sea loads to impermeable nets (MARINE2015)
- Model testing of fish farms for validation of analysis programs (OMAE2014)
- Loads from currents and waves on net structures (OMAE2012)
- Use of hydroelastic analysis for verification of towed equipment for acquisition of seismic data (OMAE2008)
- Development and design verification of a floating tidal power unit (OMAE2007)
- Enhancement of design criteria for fish farm facilities including operations (OMAE2005)
- Response from current and regular/ irregular waves on a typical polyethylene fish farm (IMAM2005)
- Design rules for marine fish farms in Norway (OMAE2004)