Aquaculture cage and mooring
Upon completion of this case study, you will be able to:
- Duplicate model components
- Model mooring components
- Mirror model components
- Model and specify properties of buoys
- Load bathymetric bottom (terrain)
- Snap nodes to terrain
- Apply the component library
- Execute static analysis
- Execute multiple non-linear dynamic analyses
- Have knowledge about system files
- Assess maximum forces in mooring components from analyses
In this case study, you are to complete a model of an aquaculture facility and conduct a mooring analysis. You will first be introduced to the main components of the facility, then complete the model by adding mooring components and terrain. Through the snap function, the bottom chain is to be lowered to the bottom providing realistic representation of interaction between mooring components and the seabed.
By a static analysis selected parameter, as mooring rope tension and buoyancy, should be checked. Having conducted dynamic analysis, you are to find the maximum force in selected mooring components from these analyses.